|Loyola (16-11, 6-8 MVC) vs. Indiana State (10-16, 4-10 MVC)|
|Date & Time||Wednesday, February 15, 2017 | 7:00 p.m CT|
|Location||Chicago , Ill. | Gentile Arena|
|Coverage||The Valley on ESPN3 | Live Stats | Audio (WLUW FM)|
|Additional Information||Twitter | Facebook | Loyola Game Notes|
- Loyola looks to end a four-game losing skid when it hosts surging Indiana State in a big Missouri Valley Conference contest Wednesday night.
- The Ramblers have suffered some excruciatingly close losses this season. Loyola is 0-6 in games decided by five points or less and seven of its losses have come by six points or less.
- Loyola posted its first winning month of January since going 5-4 in 2007. Prior to this season, the Ramblers were just 8-19 (.296) in the previous three January's.
- With 16 wins, Loyola has surpassed its win total from last year (15) and is trying for just the program's third 20-win season since 1985 and the second in the last three years.
- The Ramblers are seeking their first winning season in conference play since going 10-6 and finishing third in the Horizon League race in 2006-07.
- One of the top players in the Valley, senior guard Milton Doyle is in the mix for player of the year consideration. The Chicago native needs 39 rebounds to become only the second individual in Loyola history to accumulate 1,500 points, 500 rebounds and 400 assists in his Rambler career.
- When the NCAA released the latest Graduation Success Rate (GSR) in November, Loyola was tied with Harvard University for first among all Division I schools with a 99 percent GSR. A year ago, Loyola ranked tied for third in the country.
Loyola - Indiana State - The Series
The Ramblers and Sycamores are meeting for the 25th time in a series that dates back to 1924 and Indiana State holds a 14-10 edge in the all-time series. Loyola has captured three of the last four meetings between the teams however, and is 5-5 against the Sycamores when playing on its home floor. Loyola has split its last four matchups with Indiana State at Gentile Arena and last season earned a 104-96 victory in double overtime as Montel James put up 28 points and 14 rebounds and Devon Turk added 22 points. Since joining the Missouri Valley Conference, Loyola is 3-6 against Indiana State. When the teams met in Terre Haute last month, the Ramblers jumped on the Sycamores from the outset, leading by as many as 21 points in the first half, en route to an 81-66 victory. Milton Doyle scored a team-high 20 points to pace Loyola.
Scouting Indiana State
After losing nine of ten games during a recent stretch, Indiana State has reversed course, winning three of its last four outings, including an 84-60 thrashing of Drake on February 11. The Sycamores are just 1-6 on the road in Valley play this season, with the lone win coming at Bradley last Wednesday (56-54). Junior guard Brenton Scott is the lone ISU player scoring in double figures at 16.8 ppg, while guard Everett Clemons pitches in 9.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg and 4.8 apg.
Loyola makes the short trip downstate to battle Valley co-leader Illinois State on Sunday, Feb. 19. The game will be televised live on ESPNU.