Oct. 16, 2012
CHICAGO - Sophomore Nick Dennis posted a final round score of 78 to lead the Loyola University Chicago men's golf team on the final day of the CSU Cougar Golf Classic at the Harborside International Golf Center in Chicago.
UW-Green Bay claimed the team championship, while Oscar Sharpe (Indian Hills CC) held on to first place from the previous day to win the individual title. The Ramblers finished in ninth place as a team, fourteen strokes out of the top five.
Including Dennis (76-78), the Ramblers placed three golfers in the top fifty on the individual leaderboard. Senior Brian Van De Motter (77-80) and junior Sean Hickey (75-83) were right on the heels of Dennis. Rounding out the Loyola lineup for the day were PJ Riner (76-85) and Anthony Maroon (82-80). Adam Decker, who competed as an individual, finished with a two-day score of 165 (79-86).
Loyola will close out their fall season when they travel to Kettering, Ohio for the University of Dayton Invitational, October 22-23.
Final Team Standings
1. UW-Green Bay - 290-300=590
2. Indian Hills CC - 294-300=594
3. Valparaiso (Gold) - 286-309=595
4. Lewis - 297-303=600
5. St. Xavier (IL) - 298-313=611
6. Eastern Illinois - 315-300=615
7. Valparaiso (Brown) - 305-311=616
8. Parkland CC - 310-311=621
9. Loyola - 304-321=625
10. Purdue-Calumet - 325-328=653
11. Chicago State - 371-371=742