|Schedule||Feb. 24 | at Wichita State | 7 p.m. | The Valley on ESPN3 | Live Stats
Feb. 26 | at Missouri State | 2:05 p.m. | The Valley on ESPN3 | Live Stats
|Additional Information||Twitter | Facebook | Loyola Game Notes vs. Wichita State | Loyola Game Notes vs. Missouri State|
- Loyola embarks on its final road trip of the 2016-17 regular season this weekend.
- A trip to Charles Koch Arena for a 7 p.m. clash with Wichita State kicks off the two-game swing ahead of a 2:05 p.m. Sunday afternoon matinee against Missouri State at JQH Arena.
- Loyola will be in search of its first win in either building this weekend.
- There is a new face at the head of the Rambler bench this season. Kate Achter was named the ninth head coach in program history on July 19, 2016.
- The Ramblers return a trio of letterwinners from last season's team in junior Katie Salmon and sophomores Citiana Negatu and Brandi Segars. The trio is joined by a crop of eight newcomers that are set to make their collegiate debuts this season.
- When the NCAA released the latest Graduation Success Rate (GSR) earlier this month, Loyola was tied with Harvard University for first among all Division I schools with a 99 percent GSR. A year ago, Loyola ranked tied for third in the country.
- Wichita State finds itself in fourth place in the Missouri Valley Conference standings as it carries a league mark of 7-7 into Friday's matchup with Loyola to go along with an overall 12-13 record.
- The Shockers split a pair of games in Central Illinois last weekend, falling to Illinois State, 54-50, before rebounding at Bradley with a 76-69 triumph.
- Preseason All-MVC selection Rangie Bessard currently leads the Wichita State roster in scoring at 16.3 ppg, a mark that ranks second overall in the league behind only Lizzy Wendell (20.9 ppg) of Drake. Bessard also leads the team in rebounding, collecting just over seven caroms (7.4 rpg) per contest.
Don't Sleep On These Bears
- Missouri State, which hosts Indiana State on Friday night, begins the weekend firm hold on the number three spot in the MVC standings, sitting at 10-4 in league play and 14-11 overall.
- The Lady Bears are currently in the midst of a tear that has seen them win 10 of their last 12 games .
- Sharpshooter Liza Fruendt averages a team-best 15.2 ppg to pace the attack for Missouri State on the offensive end. Fruendt currently ranks third in the MVC in three-point field goals made per game (2.2) and eighth in three-point field goal percentage (0.340).
- Loyola returns home next weekend for its final two games of the 2016-17 regular season. The Ramblers will host Evansville on Thursday night (March 2) at 7 p.m. ahead of a 1 p.m. clash with Southern Illinois two days later (March 4).
- Following its home finale, Loyola will join its nine conference counterparts in Moline, Ill. for the 2017 Missouri Valley Conference Women's Basketball Tournament, March 9-12.